Are you looking for a chance to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment that will utilize your creative abilities and CAD skills? We are looking for a dedicated and accurate mechanical drafter with an interest in mechanical engineering and a self-motivated attitude. We foster a positive and encouraging work atmosphere and offer plenty of opportunities for on-the-job mentoring and practical experience with several departments, including manufacturing and project management. Join our team and enjoy competitive pay and benefits.
Estimated start date: January 2022
• Develop 2D drawings of design specifications
• Use CAD programs to combine schematics and design data into accurate 3D models
• Analyze design documents and plans to verify dimensions and materials and coordinate with engineers to resolve any errors
• Collaborate with engineers, production technicians and clients as necessary to identify design problems and develop effective solutions
• Proficient with AutoCAD
• Solid understanding of product design and mechanical engineering principles
• Accurate, organized and able to work with minimal supervision
• Create technical drawings, manufacturing schematics, and 2D (and 3D) digital models using measurements, specifications and additional data from engineering team and/or architects you will be working with.
• Collect initial drawings, calculations and design ideas from engineers/architects, and combine all relevant data into coherent and complete initial design models for review and modification
• Coordinate directly with engineers and project managers to understand project requirements, verify design details and recommend modifications as needed according to company standards and best practices
• Annotate and verify all numerical designations and specifications in technical drawings and schematics, using both CAD programs and manual calculations when necessary
• Communicate with manufacturing personnel to create detailed layouts prior to production
• Provide support to engineering team as needed by creating technical drawings and digital models within deadlines and utilizing multiple methods to ensure deliverables include all relevant design details
• Assist in ongoing projects to standardize and unify design document standards by participating in meetings and preparing presentation materials as necessary
• Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
• Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
• Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
• Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
• Design scale or full-size blueprints of specialty items
• Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the materials.
• Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
• Confer with customer representatives to review schematics and answer questions pertaining to installation of systems.
• Lay out, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
• Proficient with AutoCAD
• Inventor & Solid Work a Plus
• Excellent technical communication skills with engineers and manufacturing personnel
• Strong attention to detail and mathematical abilities
• Able to work within strict deadlines
We pride ourselves on custom making each unit as ordered in house at our upstate facility, ensuring that every piece features the unique perspective of each of our clients.
Making continuous strides in the fenestration industry has been a consistent goal of Optimum Window. We utilize state-of-the-art technology to maintain the quality, precision and craftsmanship our clients have come to depend on over the years.