Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each principal duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, experience, skill, and ability required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, plus 6 to 10 years of related experience.
- Experience as an engineer working with capital equipment using electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical engineering practices, PLC experience (if possible);
- Sound understanding of electrical design, schematics, and electrical codes regarding machine tool design.
- Sound computer skills, Cad for Schematics is desirable.
- Experience with machine tool equipment, electrical design.
- Vast knowledge of PLC programming. Omron, AB, and Siemens are desirable.
- Vast knowledge of HMI programming. Indusoft is desirable.
- Vast knowledge of Robotic’s programming. ABB and Fanuc are desirable.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, Solidworks, and MPI information system “Epicor”
- Flexible, able to react to change.
- Advanced communication skills, able to work with others and lead others
- Good organizational skills, able to plan a project from beginning to end
- Good judgment skills, able to consider how decisions affect overall company.
- The ability to know when to seek guidance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the principal duties of this position:
- The ability to occasionally lift 50 lbs to perform the functions of this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the principal duties of this position:
- The work environment for this position is a manufacturing facility.