We are looking for a creative and experienced Responsible Engineer to work on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissioning. The goal is to design and fabricate electro-mechanical components of innovation and excellence. The ideal candidate will have experience performing full lifecycle product development, designing systems and components that meet needs and requirements, and conducting experiments methodically, analyzing data and interpretingresults.
● Perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes,
manufacture and implement) -- Own the product!
● Design systems and components that meet needs and requirements
● Conduct experiments methodically, analyze data and interpret results
● Test and evaluate theoretical designs
● Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
● Evaluate final products overall performance, reliability and safety
● Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions
● Estimate budget and scope of project
● Prepare product reports and documentation
● Engage in lifelong learning and develop new theories or methods
● 5+ years of proven work experience as a Mechanical Engineer
● Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or in a related field
● Working experience with product lifecycle management (PLM)Hands-on experience
with computer-aided Engineering (CAD/CAM) and 2D or 3D engineering design
and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, ProE or other)
● Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, Excel, LabView etc)
● Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics,
thermodynamics, materials science etc.
● Creativity and analytical skills
● Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
● Technical writing skills
● Must be self-motivated and a great team player
● Experience with CNC Machining and/or Maker World Knowledge desired
The mission of Bantam Tools is to create an ecosystem of tools and gather a community of people who are passionate about making their ideas a reality. Our products are the premier solution for engineers and designers who want to quickly manufacture prototypes, parts, and products in standard materials like aluminum and performance plastics. We make it possible for people to fabricate on their desktop, without extensive training, for a fraction of the cost and time of outsourcing.
We believe that the future of manufacturing is small-batch, ultra-customized, and on-demand. When we think about the future, we see manufacturing in a fully distributed model with large and small companies creating custom products locally and on demand. Our products put high-precision manufacturing capabilities in the hands of a wide range of people, some for the very first time. We enable our users, saving them time and money and opening doors for them in terms of employment mobility and pathways to modern technical relevance through hands-on education. If this mission resonates with you, reach out and join our team.
Bantam Tools is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or veteran status.
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.