This job entails driving an 18-wheeled tractor trailer making accurate, timely customer deliveries the priority. Responsible for accurate customer order selection and receiving finished goods and raw materials.
* Supports Efco Products Inc. mission, vision, strategic plan, goals and management decisions; adheres to department mission and goals.
* Maintains a strong commitment and support of EFCO’s global food safety initiative.
* Follow and understand standards for food safety and food quality production reflected in SQF as well as the regulations of major vendors and governmental agencies.
* Follows and understands proper Good Hygiene, Safe Work Practices, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), to aide in providing a safe quality product.
* Responsible for reporting food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
* Responsible for reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor or Manager immediately.
* Drives our tractor trailer safely and responsibly, fulfills all legal requirements.
* Loads and unloads trailers with motorized equipment moving pallets up to 3,000 lbs. sometimes by pushing or pulling (possibly in an uphill position.)
* Requires ability to hand-unload each item off pallets from ground level and wheel them on a hand truck. Each item weighs from 20 to 55lbs. and occasionally, as much as 500lbs. on each hand truck load.
* Cranks up or down the trailer dolly legs to hook or unhook from tractors.
* When not driving the tractor trailers, drivers are assigned to warehouseman duties.
o Responsible for loading and unloading trailers with a forklift or other powered, and non-powered equipment.
o Responsible for sorting and segregating raw materials weighing from 20 to 100 lbs., as they are received. They must also complete unloading/inspection paperwork for all items received.
o A Daily Requisition order of raw materials for production must be picked and loaded daily with items weighing from 20 to 100 lbs.
o Finished products must be unloaded and stored properly to provide maximum picking efficiency.
o Customer orders are picked, sorted and segregated depending on customer requirements. This involves lifting items weighing 10 to 55 lbs. repeatedly. Documentation must be completed for all orders, including recording changes and batch codes for each item. FIFO rule must be followed.
o Storage and work areas should always be kept free of debris and organized.
o Follows all safety and sanitation rules.
o Performs housekeeping and maintenance tasks to keep the area clean, organized, and safe. These include but are not limited to: (a) wiping and washing equipment, tools, and containers, tables, forklifts, and dollies; (b) scraping, sweeping, mopping of floors; and (c) trash removal.
* Ability to count multi-tiered items.
* Ability to analyze and complete documents.
* Ability to communicate with all personnel including usage of phone system and two-way radios
* Must be compliant with DOT Regulations
* Forklift Certification.
* Experience in strategic planning and execution
* Ability to operate equipment.
* Ability to stand or walk 100% of the time.
* Ability to lift 50-100 lbs. and be present and fit for duty each day.
Tractor Trailer Driver must perform the duties as outlined in the job description in addition to their regular work assignments, which comply with the Efco Products Inc. policies and procedures, and food safety laws to create a cooperative safe, respectful, and quality work environment.
POSITION HOURS: 1:00 PM - 9:00 PM
We offer an ever-growing portfolio of off-the-shelf products and custom formulated products that include bakery fillings, bakery mixes and concentrates, beverage bases and syrups, sauces and spreads, fruit and specialty toppings and other specialty ingredients.